Single Tooth Dental Implant
If you have lost a tooth, we are able to place an implant and restore the implant with a crown to provide function and aesthetics. A dental implant will give you the closest solution to a new and permanent tooth again.
Why do I need a dental implant?
There are many benefits to having a dental implant to replace a space compared to a denture or a bridge:
- Looks, feels and functions like a normal tooth
- Fixed onto the bone so it is not mobile
- It is not joined onto neighbouring teeth so it is easy to clean
- You do not need to file the neighbouring teeth
- It maintains the bone and gums after the tooth has been removed
- Implant does not decay
In order to place the implant, we would require you to attend a consultation to assess whether you are suitable for a dental implant. We would take impressions for study models, radiographs and check whether there is enough bone. Bone augmentation procedures may be required before or during implant placement. We are happy to provide sedation for your treatment.
How long does a single tooth dental implant treatment take?
- We normally schedule two hours for the procedure. IV sedation is optional
- Single tooth dental implant treatment durations differ patient to patient.
- In simple cases (where the CBCT scan shows good bone quality and quantity), there are 3 or 4 appointments over a 3-5 month period.
- If an extraction is needed, a 2-4 month healing period is usually required before the implant is placed. However, it may be possible to place the dental implant at the same time …
Same day tooth / immediately loaded implants
In some circumstances – when there is good bone quantity / quality – it is possible to extract a tooth and place an implant in the same appointment. This is called a same day or immediately loaded dental implant.
Why should I choose Kidsgrove Dental & Implant Centre?
- Competitively priced in Stoke-On-Trent
- Experienced clinical team with over 700 cases completed at this clinic
- Excellent customer reviews
- Access to our very own CBCT 3D scanner and high end equipment.
Ask us a question
Multiple teeth replacement
Replace multiple teeth by linking implants together with a bridge. read more