Looking for a local dentist who can remove wisdom teeth?
Are you finding it hard to find a local dentist who is happy to remove wisdom teeth? If you have persistent problems and pains with your WISDOM TEETH and you cannot wait any longer for your referral to have them removed then call us now. We do not have any waiting lists at present.
We are happy to treat patients from all over Stoke-on-Trent including Cheshire such as Congleton, Sandbach, Crewe and Macclesfield. Call us on 01782 782 520 to arrange a consultation.
Why do I need my wisdom tooth removing?
- The most common reason is recurrent infection of the gum overlying a wisdom tooth that is part way through the gum (pericoronitis).
- Decay (caries) in the wisdom tooth, which your dentist cannot restore.
- Infection of the tooth (abscess) due to advanced dental decay.
- When the adjacent molar tooth is affected by gum (periodontal) disease or dental decay due to the impacted wisdom tooth.
- Progressive cystic (fluid filled sac) formation around the tooth.
- As part of other surgical procedures involving the jaw.
- There may be other less common reasons that your surgeon will discuss with you.
The removal of wisdom teeth
- There is great variation in the difficulty of removing wisdom teeth.
- The procedure can be carried out under local anaesthesia (injection in the gum to numb the area), with or without intravenous sedation (injection in the arm or hand to reduce anxiety), or under general anaesthetic (completely asleep in a hospital).
- Your surgeon will discuss with you which method is most appropriate.
- The degree of difficulty of the surgery, any underlying medical conditions and other personal circumstances will be taken into account choosing the method.
- The procedure can involve an incision (cut) in the gum close to the tooth.
- Sometimes some jaw bone or the tooth needs to be drilled down in order to remove the tooth.